This weeks challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More is …..drum roll….”anything goes”. Thats right folks the choice is yours. This is always popular.
For full details of the challenge, to see the wonderful inpirational pieces by the DT and to join in the fun please click here.
Before I start with my projects I want to send out big crafty hugs to my two blogging friends who are away on their holidays at the moment. Have safe travels. You know who you are.
Here are my projects for this weeks challenge.
For my first project I have gone for a vintage steampunk theme.
I had lots of fun making this card. I used Nicecrane Designs digital images* of the Henry Hutt’s Ladies and the steampunk (fobwatch shape) dial. I also used a french themed embossing folder for one of the layers which I love!! The rest of the layers are just made up of scrap bits and bobs. All I did was layer the pieces up into a collage. I did distress the lady image with some DIs to tone down the colour and added a shabby flower and berry pins to her hat.
This is my second card – Vintage Lace
I used the same Nicecrane Designs digital image sheet*. I collected all of my pieces of paper and embellishments and then just assembled the card layer by layer starting at the bottom
Just to share – Tip for attaching ribbon: I attached the ribbon to a thin piece of card first before I attached it to the backing paper. I just glued the ends of the ribbon to a strip of card of the same length. I then attached the whole piece to the backing paper by just gluing the ends of the card to the underneath of the paper. This keeps the ribbon flat and has a neat fold over at each end. When I had attached the ribbon piece to the backing paper, just at both ends, I stapled the ribbon centrally, through the ribbon card and backing sheet, this holds it nicely in place to add embellishments to. The staple is then hidden by the flowers.
Just to share – Handmade flowers: I made some flowers out of some pretty papers. I saw a utube video by Sherry Cheever……I am never buying paper flowers again!!!
How I made my flowers : I cut out my flowers from the paper using a die and brushed the shapes both sides with water using a small paint brush. I then scrunched them as per the video (link above). Now then, this was the funny part. When I dried them with the heat gun the flowers wrinkled slightly. This gave a nice effect but made me think that the paper may possibly have some sort of synthetic fibre in it. Please be careful if you do this and your paper shows sign of wrinkling or shrinkage. I wouldn’t want anyone inhaling nasties.
Thank you to everyone who joined in last weeks challenge. Fantastic entries as always guys. As Russel would say….”They reeeeeally were”. Can you tell I watch too much TV. I am on the 10th repeated series of Rules of Engagement. There is nothing else to watch!!! Oh, my and they killed off Gennie on Emmerdale. Wasn’t it horrible how they did it. Kids watch that programme. I’m still having nightmares! lol!
This weeks Addicted to Stamps and More challenge is being sponsered by Melon Headz Illustrations.
Really going now. I can hear the sighs of relief it is over.
Tat tar for now and happy crafting.