Hope your weekend is going well.
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on recent posts.
A quick post today to share another project I have made for the PaperArtsy Challenge Stamping Platform Techniques.
Apologies for photo. The colours are slightly off.
I wanted to make this card for the challenge to share how great the stamping platforms are, when you are using bold stamps, to enable you to change up the colour.
She looks like she is in bed! I masked the stamp so that just her head was showing, inked up the stamp, removed the mask and stamped the image. I carried on masking and stamping in the same way, changing the colours as I went, until I had stamped the complete image.
I stamped the image onto white coated card stock. I used Archival ink for the main stamping and Distress Inks to colour her face and hair patterns.
The photo above is a better likeness of the real colours.
When the image was stamped I coloured it lightly with ink, cut it out and spray fixed it.
I then glued the image to the pretty papers and added the shadows around the outside and the paint patterns on her dress using acrylic craft paint.
Just to tie her in with the background papers I painted the butterfly wings to match the grungy shadows. It wasn’t necessary but it was fun.
She does need a second coat of spray fix because where I used the paint, it has dulled the shine a little. With hindsight, It might have been better to add the paint first then the inky colouring and one coat of spray fix.
I think that’s it but if anyone has any questions please give me a shout using the comments box below.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs Flo x